The advanced weather center measures barometric pressure, temperature and humidity levels indoors and outside, and shows daily weather forecasts that help you dress for the weather. The main display receives temperature and humidity data from the included wireless remote sensor and supports up to three wireless sensors.
Other features include min and max that resets daily or manually, barometric pressure trend arrow, and moon phase.
The wireless sensor installs just about anywhere (up to 100 feet away) to report on conditions in the greenhouse, garage, wine cellar or baby’s room, places where proper temperature and humidity levels are crucial. The weather station’s main console displays a wide range of information in an easy-to-read format on a large LCD. The attractively thin console can be placed on a desktop or mounted to a wall.
The unit monitors indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, outdoor dew point, as well as barometric pressure (both sea-level and measured), and features a rate of change indicator. The handy forecast icons let you know at a glance if it’s going to be rainy, cloudy, or sunny based on barometric pressure trends.
Equipped with an atomic clock, time is set automatically via radio and in sync with the U.S. atomic clock for utmost accuracy. The clock also features an alarm with snooze and temporary back light for nighttime viewing.
The remote wireless sensor transmits up to 300 feet line of sight (100 feet under most conditions) includes an LCD display, so the temperature and humidity can be read in both locations.
The WS-2700 features a forecast icon that reacts to changes in barometric pressure, providing a forecast for upcoming weather in the next 24 to 48 hours with reasonable accuracy.
Optional calibration is provided for the utmost accuracy, Although calibration is optional and not required, the purpose of calibration is to fine tune or correct for any sensor error associated with the devices margin of error and inevitable sensor drift associated with electronic measurements. The measurement can be adjusted from the console to calibrate to a known source.
- The backlight requires AC power to operate. The batteries are intended for back-up power only. The backlight will remain on for 5 seconds when on battery power only. The backlight will stay on if you use the AC adapter (optional).
- Wireless outdoor and indoor humidity (%RH) with calibration. Only supports one remote sensor WH2F
- Wireless outdoor and indoor temperature (°F or °C)
- Calculates Dew Point
- Moon phase
- Records min. and max temperature and humidity with Date and Time
- Barometric pressure and rate of change (in Hg or hPa)
- Forecast Icon Based on Changing Barometric Pressure
- Radio controlled time and date (WWVB & Dcf)
- Automatically updates for daylight saving time (on / off option)
- 12 or 24-hour time display
- Perpetual calendar
- Time alarm with snooze
- Supports up to 3 wireless remote sensors
- LED backlight (temporary on battery, active with AC adapter)
- Wall hanging or free standing
- Low battery indicator