Your weather station may only display some of the following increments of rain. Please refer to your User Manual for details. Here are how increments of rain are defined:
- Rain Rate is defined as the rainfall in the last 10 minutes, multiplied by 6 (10 minutes x 6 = 1 hour). This is also referred to as instantaneous rain per hour.
- Hourly Rain is defined as the rainfall in the last hour.
- Rain event is defined as continuous rain, and resets to zero if accumulated rainfall is less than 1 mm (0.039 in) in a 24 hour period. Some weather stations may calculate this slightly differently and the customer should reference the User Manual.
- Daily Rain is defined as the rainfall since midnight (00:00).
- 24 Hour Rain is defined as the rainfall in the last 24 hours. For example, if it is currently 5:00 pm, 24 hour rain would be the amount of rain that has fallen since 5:00 pm yesterday.
- Weekly Rain is defined as the calendar week total, and resets on Sunday morning at midnight (Sunday thru Saturday).
- Monthly Rain is defined as the calendar month total, and resets on the first day of the Month.
- Yearly Rain is defined as the calendar year total, and resets on the first day of the Year. The WS-1000 series weather stations allow you to change the month rain is reset to 0.00 (referred to as Rainfall Season).
- Total Rain is defined as the running total since station was powered up.