- Look for the WiFi icon in the time field of the weather station console. Make sure this WiFi icon is on. If it is on, you already connected to WiFi.
- If you own a Mesh Network (examples, Orbi, eero or Google), temporarily turn off all of the secondary nodes, leaving only the primary node (the node connected to the Internet) powered up. If you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), temporarily turn this off.
- Wi-Fi Assist is a feature lets you automatically pop over to cellular data if you end up on a Wi-Fi network with a poor connection. This can interfere with the connection process it is recommended to be disabled during setup.
- Go to Settings → Cellular
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the cellular data settings and turn off Wi-Fi assist. it will be the last option beneath everything else.
- Scroll all the way back up to the top and now disable cellular data completely.
- If the WiFi icon is off, press and Hold the Rain and Alarm buttons at the same time for 5 seconds, and the WiFi icon will begin to flash.
- If you have not done so already, download the AmbientTool console configuration application for your Android or Apple mobile device:App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ambienttool/id1166897468
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dtston.ambienttool
- Launch the AmbientTool app on your mobile device or tablet, and make sure your phone is connected to your router. If you own a dual band router, make sure the phone is temporarily connected to the 2.4 GHz band on your router.
- The AmbientTool includes a wizard. This wizard is also shown Step by Step in the User Manual.
- Select Add Device to add a device.
- Enter your WiFi password. If configured properly, the WiFi icon will now be on.