Boothwyn, PA - January 1, 2023
AMBIENT WEATHER NETWORK™ EMERGES AS THE PREMIER ONLINE & MOBILE PLATFORM FOR ACCESSING REAL-TIME HYPER-LOCAL WEATHER DATA
The Ambient Weather Network (AWN) revamped mobile app, and online portal provides users with highly accurate, hyper-local weather data specific to their GPS location.
Ambient Weather® unveiled its redesigned online weather platform, including a new logo and features reflecting the transformation from AmbientWeather.net to the Ambient Weather Network (AWN). Ambient Weather Network offers an interactive map of weather stations, weather cameras, and map layers that give an incredibly detailed and hyper-local view of current conditions. With this relaunch, AWN becomes the first choice for anyone looking to get a truly up close and personal experience with the weather happening exactly where they are. Visit us at the 2023 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in the Venetian Halls Smart Home Section at booth # 50952.
The tagline, " Your Weather, Everywhere," reflects the dedication to providing users with the most comprehensive and up-to-date view of actual hyperlocal weather conditions. Not only can you check the weather where you are, but you can also check hyper localized conditions in other cities and locations by searching for addresses, landmarks, or place names. The free AWN app can be used by anyone looking for weather data and forecasting. If you have compatible hardware, such as an Ambient Weather Station or a KestrelMet 6000 Weather Station, you can connect your station to AWN and share your weather data with a global weather community.
Whether you're looking to check on the forecast in your neighborhood or want to view the weather camera at your favorite ski resort, we make finding hyperlocal forecasts easy, accurate, and convenient. With more than 250,000 weather stations and weather cameras across the U.S., and new users being added daily, there's no better resource for staying up-to-date on the latest weather information.
- Extensive network of weather stations: Over 250,000 personal and professional weather stations are already connected to AWN.
- Multiple map layers: Select the radar, wind, or temperature layers or zoom in on the map to view your neighborhood's weather stations.
- Social features: Exchange, connect and engage over the latest weather updates from members of your community. View, share, comment, like posts and favorite local stations.
- Custom forecasts: Build your own forecast for your location on AWN and share it on your social media channels.
- Local Weather Cameras: Watch timelapse videos of weather conditions from local weather cameras, or add your own. Look for the play icons on the main map to view recent videos.
- Global Weather Community: Share your weather data with friends, neighbors, and the community at large by connecting an Ambient Weather station, a KestrelMet 6000 Weather station, or other compatible hardware.
About Ambient Weather & Nielsen-Kellerman:
Nielsen-Kellerman (NK) is the parent company for a family of measuring and monitoring technology brands focused on providing the accurate performance and weather data needed for safety, business success, research and defense, as well as athletic and recreational activities. NK specializes in building products that perform in the most challenging outdoor environments, from the water to the desert. NK's largest division is the weather division, encompassing Kestrel® Weather and Environmental Meters, Ambient Weather® Stations, Ambient Weather Network (AWN) online dashboard and mobile app, and RainWise® Rain Gauges and PVMet Solar Monitoring Systems. NK also designs and builds NK Sports Performance electronics for rowing and paddling and Blue Ocean Rugged Megaphones for outdoor use. NK makes the majority of its products in the USA and is proud to be both a recognized leader in Lean Manufacturing and an award-winning top workplace. For more information, visit www.nkhome.com.
Contact: Jackie Heikel
Back to Press Releases