Ambient Weather WH31SM Soil Moisture Sensor for WS-1965, WS-2000, WS-5000 Weather Stations
Add up to 8 soil moisture sensors to your Ambient Weather WS-1965, WS-2000, and WS-5000 weather stations.
The soil moisture sensor measures moisture content in the soil, and transmits this information once per 72 seconds to the display console and our cloud service, AmbientWeather.net.
The information can then be accessed through the console, onliine dashboard, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, and much more.
The sensor features a ceramic cap, which acts like a breathing filter for exchanging soil moisture to the internal sensor. This filter makes the sensor less sensitive to soil density (clay, sand, soil, potting soil, etc.).
The console software also allows for 2-point calibration to assure accuracy.
The sensor can be placed inside or around your home, and you can send email, text or IFTTT alerts when watering is required.
The sensor has a wireless range of 300 feet (100 meters) line of sight (100 feet under most conditions).
- Measures soil moisture content every 71 seconds
- Ceramic coated for more accurate measurement
- Calibration for different soil types (WS-2000 and WS-5000 only)
- Long wireless range, up to 300 feet (100 meters) line of sight (100 feet under most conditions)
- Supports up to 8 channels
- Soil Moisture Sensor Dimensions: 6" length x 3.5 width x 1" diameter
- The WH31SM has a water resistance rating of IPX5 (can resist a sustained, low-pressure water jet spray).
Note: You must update your firmware to the following versions:
- Console Firmware Version 1.6.2 or greater
- Wi-Fi Firmware Version 4.2.2 or greater
To upgrade the firmware, visit the WS-2000 Help Guide
Moisture range: 0 – 100%
Operating Temperature: 14° - 122°F (-10° - 50°C)
IP66 waterproof sensor
Battery life: About one year.
1 x AA battery (not included). Alkaline or Lithium recommended
Line of sight wireless sensor array RF transmission (in open air): 330 feet, 100 feet under most conditions
Update Rate: Outdoor Sensor: 71 seconds
RF Frequency: 915 MHz
Visit our support page for FAQ's and more.