Ambient Weather PM25IN Wireless Indoor Particulate Monitor
12 Days of Deals: Take 20% off this item until December 11th at 8:59am EST!
Note; The PM25IN Monitor works with Ambient Weather Model WS-1965, WS-2000, WS-2902C, WS-5000, and the OBSERVERIP Module (WS-0800-IP, WS-0900-IP, WS-1200-IP, WS-1400-IP, WS-1550-IP, WS-1600-IP, WS-5000-IP).
BEFORE YOU ORDER, make sure you upgrade the firmware first:
- WS-2000/WS-5000: How to Update the Firmware
- ObserverIP Module: How to Update the Firmware
- WS-2902B/WS-2902C: How to Update the Firmware
Important Notes and Limitations:
- Place the sensor in a well-ventilated, non-moisture condensing area.
- The PM25IN Wireless Indoor Particulate Monitor has a water resistance rating of IPX0 (for indoor use only and offers no special protection from water).
- With PM2.5 sensors, water droplets reflect the light and can result in a higher reading. This is characteristic of the inherent sensor design. The condition occurs when:
Temperature – Dew point Temperature ≤ 2ş C (3.6 şF).
Thus, when the air is nearly saturated, the data is invalid.
Place the Ambient PM25IN indoor sensor anywhere in and around your home to monitor PM2.5 concentration levels. Sends data to AmbientWeather.net, where you can monitor and analyze the air quality. Send alerts. Works with Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
The sensor is a high-quality Sensirion Particle Sensor.
PM2.5 refers to particles that are 2.5 microns or smaller in diameter. The high-quality Sensirion Particle Sensor uses laser scattering to radiate suspending particles in the air, then collects scattering light to obtain the curve of scattering light change with time. The microprocessor calculates the equivalent particle diameter and the number of particles with different diameters per unit volume.
The following describes the Air Quality Index (AQI) vs. PM2.5 breakpoints.
AQI Category: Breakpoints
- Good: 0.0 – 12.0 (µg/m3
- Moderate: 12.1 – 35.4 (µg/m3)
- Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups: 35.5 – 55.4 (µg/m3)
- Unhealthy: 55.5 – 150.4 (µg/m3)
- Very Unhealthy: 150.5 – 250.4 (µg/m3)
- Hazardous: 250.5 – 350.4 (µg/m3)
- Extremely Hazardous: 350.5 – 500 (µg/m3)
Sensor Dimensions: 2.8 x 4.0 x 2.7 in
Printed on the part as WH42 or WH42B.
Visit our support page for FAQ's and more.