Ambient Weather PM25IN PM2.5 Wireless Indoor Particulate Monitor for OBSERVERIP, WS-2000 and WS-5000
Note; The PM2.5 Meter works with Ambient Weather Model WS-2000, WS-5000, and the ObserverIP Module (WS-0800-IP, WS-0900-IP, WS-1200-IP, WS-1400-IP, WS-1550-IP, WS-1600-IP).
BEFORE YOU ORDER, make sure you upgrade the firmware first:
Important Notes and Limitations:
- Place the sensor in a well ventilated, non-moisture condensing area.
- With PM2.5 sensors, water droplets reflect the light, and can result in a higher reading. This is characteristic to the inherent sensor design. The condition occurs when:
Temperature – Dew point Temperature ≤ 2ş C (3.6 şF).
Thus, when the air is nearly saturated, the data is invalid.
Place the PM2.5 indoor sensor anywhere in your home with the wireless PM2.5 particulate monitor. Sends data to AmbientWeather.net where you can monitor and analyze the air quality. Send alerts. Works with Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
The sensor is a high quality Honeywell HPM Series Particle Sensor.
PM2.5 refers to particles that are 2.5 microns or smaller in diameter. The high quality Honeywell HPM Series Particle Sensor uses laser scattering to radiate suspending particles in the air, then collects scattering light to obtain the curve of scattering light change with time. The microprocessor calculates equivalent particle diameter and the number of particles with different diameter per unit volume.
The following describes the Air Quality Index (AQI) vs. PM2.5 breakpoints.
AQI Category: Breakpoints
- Good: 0.0 – 12.0 (µg/m3
- Moderate: 12.1 – 35.4 (µg/m3)
- Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups: 35.5 – 55.4 (µg/m3)
- Unhealthy: 55.5 – 150.4 (µg/m3)
- Very Unhealthy: 150.5 – 250.4 (µg/m3)
- Hazardous: 250.5 – 350.4 (µg/m3)
- Extremely Hazardous: 350.5 – 500 (µg/m3)