- To determine your firmware version, press the gear icon/button until you get to the Factory page then select Factory | About | Display from the console.
- The firmware revision number is what you need to verify on the about screen.
Download the latest hardware firmware file (under firmware update downloads and history below) to your your computer and save as Factory.bin. Make a note of where you saved this file.
Note: File may download as another file name rename to Factory.bin.
- Copy the Factory.bin to your Micro-SD Card (the SD card must be empty and format FAT32).
- Example of how it should appear after the file is copied.
- Power down your display console by removing AC power.
- Insert the SD Card into the display console.
- Power up the display console.
- The console will verify the firmware was updated.
- Power down the console after complete. Remove the SD Card when the console is powered down.
Where to purchase a MicroSD Card:
You can purchase one from AmbientWeather.com, here (4, 8, 16 or 32 GB will work):
Ambient Weather SDC4-4GB
In order to stay up to date with the latest Ambient Weather firmware or app updates, sign up for email notifications below. This way, you'll always be notified when a new update is available for your station or app.
Firmware Update Downloads And History:
March 29, 2023 | Version 1.9.0
- When you enter the network password, it will be changed to " * " after 1 second.
- Fixed a bug with PM2.5 data display when using indoor and outdoor PM2.5 sensors.
- In the About screen, when there is no newer Wi-Fi firmware version available, the message is changed from "The new version is not checked." to "The new version is not available."
- Removed limits from Feelslike display.
Septermber 8, 2021 | Version 1.7.6
- Removed Barometer Display from setup screen and replaces with Reset Weekly Rain at.
- Removed Background from setup screen and replaces with Reset Daily Rain at.
July 21, 2021 | Version 1.7.4
- Can now rename indoor sensor to custom name.
November 17, 2020 | Version 1.6.9
- Add path for custom server setup. Wifi firmware will need to be upgraded to 4.2.8 or later.
- Revise PM2.5、AQI, PM10、CO2 average buffer to be reset when newly registered again.
June 12, 2020 | Version 1.6.4
- Fixes issue with PM2.5 IN not displaying on the console, introduced in Version 1.6.3.
- Leak detector icon turns orange on the display console if the sensor loses communication for 10 minutes.
June 8, 2020 | Version 1.6.3
- Supports leak detectors
- Fixes issue where lightning distance only displayed km (not miles).
April 30, 2020 | Version 1.6.2
- Fixed update issue with WS-5000 and AmbientWeather.net. It would not always update on the minute.
- When no rain sensor is detected with the WS-5000, then rain data area is switched to hide rain data and display the weather forecast.
April 14, 2020 | Version 1.6.1
- Finalized leak detection reporting to AmbientWeather.net
- Supports Low Battery for WS-5000 sensor array
- Lightning detection units of measure tied to wind speed units of measure (if wind units of measure is m/s, km/h, or bft, lightning is km; if wind units of measure is mph, ft / second, lightning is miles; if wind units of measure is knots, lighting is nautical miles (nmi).
March 27, 2020 | Version 1.6.0
- Added soil moisture sensor reporting to AmbientWeather.net
- Added lighting detection reporting to AmbientWeather.net
- Added leak detection reporting to AmbientWeather.net
December 25, 2019 | Version 1.5.8
- Fixed wind gust reporting issue.
December 8 2019 | Version 1.5.7
- Sensor low battery status displayed on sensor info page.
- Current and 24H AQI data display supported.
- Supports indoor PM2.5 display
- Wifi password can be up to 64 characters, previously 32.
November 18 2019 | Version 1.5.3
- Sensors can be managed and disabled on the setup page.
- Supports 8 channel soil moisture and temperature sensors.
- Supports calibration for soil moisture and temperature sensors.
- Supports indoor PM2.5 sensor.
- Corrected spelling errors.
- German language supported.
- Sensor handling optimization.
June 10 2019 | Version 1.4.8
June 6 2019 | Version 1.4.6
- Fixed issue with back light button not responding.
- Fixed issue with Wunderground.com 16 second updates introduced in Version 1.4.5.
June 6 2019 | Version 1.4.5
- Improvements to RF Chip Sensitivity
- More intuitive WiFi and User Interface Set up
- Improvements to Keyboard User Interface
- UART0 communication bug fix
- Improvements to AmbientWeather.net data stream
- Fixed false Low battery alert PM2.5 sensor
- RAM optimized
- Rain calculation algorithm optimized Backlight on/off control algorithm improved
May 16 2019 | Version 1.4.4
Finalized firmware for PM2.5 Sensor.
April 29 2019 | Version 1.4.2
Checksum prevents corrupted updates.
April 15 2019 | Version 1.4.1
Fixed history time format exported to SD Card.
March 28 2019 | Version 1.4.0
- Fixes time bug between 12:00am and 1:00am
- Sensor signal quality and battery status are now displayed
- Rain rate value is now displayed
- Sensor ID is displayed on About Display page for advanced customer troubleshooting
History file saved on SD card are now optimized based on units of measure
January 24 2019 | Version 1.3.8
- Optimized RF receiver response.
- Corrected several bugs, including barometer scaling error.
- WeatherUnderground.com update rate changed from 30 to 16 seconds.
- Correct spelling error on upgrade page.
- Changed time/date format per customer suggestions.
- Integration of Ambient Weather PM2.5 Particulate Monitor sensor.
Optimized SD Card Storage.
January 16 2019 | Version 1.3.7
- Optimized RF receiver setting and can follow sensor reception quickly.
- Background is now black instead of dark gray.
Removed top gray bar to make extra room for date and time.
January 6 2019 | Version 1.3.5
- Fixes a number of issues with stray characters.
- Fixes issue with Channel 1 not showing on AmbientWeather.net
- Fixes issue with date and time.
Screen makes room for new Air Quality Sensor (coming soon, no details yet). Moved date and time to top bar to make room (similar to a phone layout).
December 27 2018 | Version 1.2.7
- Fixes formatting issue introduced in 1.2.5
- Fixes issue introduced in 1.2.5 where sunset does not set on home display screen.
December 22 2018 | Version 1.2.6
- Fixes formatting issue introduced in 1.2.5
- Fixes bug with barometric pressure calibration for high altitude (above 7,000′).
December 13 2018 | Version 1.2.5
Improved readability of screen. The temperature and wind circles were slightly elongated, and improved resolution of some of the characters.
November 14 2018 | Version 1.2.1
The console could not connect to a non-secure network. This issue was resolved.
September 21 2018 | Version 1.2.0
February was incorrectly spelled “Febuary”.
July 11 2018 | Version 1.1.0
Critical update. Console is bricked when archived data reaches 740th flash block address.
July 3 2018 | Version 1.0.9
Added max daily wind gust to dashboard.
June 30 2018 | Version 1.0.7
- 10 minute average wind speed was not updating properly.