To view your current version of firmware, access you IP Module through the IP address. The firmware version is shown in the upper right hand corner of the display. The version shown in the figure below is 4.0.0.
For instructions on updating the firmware, visit the following link:
To access the files as well as a file history, visit:
ObserverIP Firmware Update
- Note for Windows (Mac users can proceed directly to #2:To update the firmware, you may be required to turn off the firewall settings for the IPTools program (IPSE).Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button Picture at the bottom left hand corner of Windows, clicking Control Panel, clicking Security Center, and then clicking Windows Firewall.Click Change Settings and the Exceptions tab, and check all instances of IPSE as an exception to allow the program to communicate through the windows firewall. Press OK to save changes.
- Make sure your computer and OberverIP are connected to the same router prior to upgrading the firmware (avoid WiFi and switches).
- If you have not done so already, download the latest IP Tools and firmware here:http://www.ambientweather.com/observerip.html
- Run IPtools from your desktop.
- Select Search. Select the device and choose the Upgrade button.
- Select File and browse to the location on your computer where you downloaded the firmware.
Select the Upgrade Firmware button. The following will be displayed:DHCP server @ 192.168.0.xxx is running on UDP port 67 successfully.
TFTP server @ 192.168.0.xxx is running on UDP port 69 successfully.
- The status bar will reach 100% if properly upgraded.
- Press Exit once completed.
- Press the reset button on the back of the IP Module.
- The IP Module will reboot. Press Search until the module is available again on your network.
- Re-enter your Station Type in the Station Settings panel.
- Re-enter your Weather Underground.com Station ID and Station Key in the Weather Network panel.
- If the procedure is unsuccessful, visit: www.AmbientWeather.com/rma.html and we will update the module for you.